- Beginning January 9th enter here: http://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest-2017/
- To enter: fill out the form and submit an adoptable pet in need of medical treatment. Tell the pet’s story, describe how the pet got to the rescue group and include a photo of the pet.
- Open to US animal shelters and animal rescue groups that adopt out dogs and/or cats in the US and have not won a 1-800-PetMeds Cares contest within the last year (1/9/16-1/8/17).
- Limit of one entry per group.
- Entry period: January 9, 2017, at 12 a.m. ET to January 15, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Voting period: January 16, 2017, at 12 a.m. ET to January 22, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Winners announced January 24, 2017, on the contest webpage
- 1st place: Up to $2,000 towards the winning pet’s care and a video, produced by 1-800-PetMeds Cares, about the winning pet and rescue group to be featured on the 1-800-PetMeds Cares™ website and social media sites.
- 2nd place: $1,000 grant for the second-place pet’s surgery and/or medical treatments.
- 3rd place: $500 grant for the third-place pet’s surgery and/or medical treatments.
- All monetary prizes will be paid directly to the veterinarians/animal hospitals overseeing the winning pets’ care.
- Learn more about the previous winner’s stories here:
1-800-PetMeds Care’s Change A Pet’s Life Contest is a result of Change a Pet’s Life Day on January 24th. The day was started in 2009 to encourage pet adoption and draw attention to the many homeless pets in the US. PetMeds Cares introduced the Change a Pet’s Life Contest in 2015 to help homeless pets get the life-changing medical treatment they needed to be adoptable.
Help spread the word by sharing the contest with any shelter or rescue you know that could benefit and help save a pet’s life in the New Year.