The Lady I rescued spent the last year scouring the pet trade shows, meeting with brands and their public relations representatives, to find out the latest in the best-of-the-best pet products. Then we try them out for ourselves, in most instances, write reviews, and when the holidays get here, we put our favorites in my holiday guide of gift ideas for pets. What’s even better is that we get to give our faithful followers a chance to win some of these products themselves with our giveaway.
This year’s holiday giveaway is bigger than ever, and we have lots of great products for cats too! To make it easier to read we’ve broken the holiday guide down into two sections: Gift Ideas for Your Dog, in two parts — one for miscellaneous gifts and one for toys, and Gift Ideas for Your Cat. Each section will have pictures, descriptions, brand links and buying information. So make sure you don’t miss anything!
Dolly’s Gift Ideas for Your Dog
From beds and treats to fashion accessories and toys here our best gift ideas for your dog:
1. Messy Mutts™ EVERFRESH® Odor-Eating Pet Bed: Messy Mutts line of pet beds with EVERFRESH are a natural solution to keep pet odors out of your living space. The bed is constructed using premium, heavy-duty upholstery that is removable for easy cleaning and comes with a removable cushion. The nonslip bottom keeps the bed in place. This bed looks so nice it’s in our living room where Taffy and Rhette are both putting their dibs on it because they know how much I hate to share the couch! The bed comes in Small, Medium and Large. The medium is plenty roomy for Taffy. Buying information (Amazon affiliate link):
2. One Fur All Pets Furever Loved Memorial Candle: The Furever Loved Memorial Candle is a way to remember our pets that we lost this past year. The Lady loved the idea of the candle since taking the loss of our pal Zoe the Collie so hard this year. We think that the light and comforting fragrance combined with the visually appealing candle is a kind gesture to give to any friend that recently lost a pet. Buying information (Amazon affiliate link):
3. Lipiderm® Fish Oil and Quick Bath Wipes from IVS: Lipiderm is a specially formulated blend of vitamins, minerals, and omega acids which promote a healthy, moisturized skin and coat. It offers a unique blend of Omega 3 and 6 from anchovies and is made in the USA in FDA and GMP certified facilities. Buying information (Amazon affiliate link):
QuickBath® Wipes are formulated with effective cleaners that remove bacteria and odors from your pet’s skin. The wipes are made with IVS proprietary formula including Vitamins A & E and Aloe Vera which promote an overall healthy skin and coat while leaving your pet clean and shiny they are also pH neutral and alcohol free. Buying information:
4. From Puppy Kisses one Handsome Hound bow tie and one hair bow: Puppy Kisses’ signature designer collar buds for dogs are cute accessories with an adjustable Velcro closure that fits around any size collar, harness or leash. The bow ties have a 4″ Velcro closing, for easy attachment to any size or type dog collar. Your fashionable dog will look great for the holidays wearing a bow tie or hair bow from Puppy Kisses! Buying information (Amazon affiliate link for bow tie):
5. Vittles Vault® Travel-tainer®: This travel container in a compact design transforms from a carrying container to a feeding and watering system fast and easy. It’s made of food-grad materials, is BPA-free safe for people and pets. I tried out this product personally for our road trip to Myrtle Beach, SC to attend the BlogPaws Conference. The Lady loved it, finding it so convenient when feeding me on the road or giving me water at rest stops. The container was large enough, about 12 cups, to hold my kibble for a week-long trip, too. Buying information (Amazon affiliate link):
6. Zuke’s Mini Naturals Trees: Probably our favorite go-to dog treat for walks, photo shoots or training when we want a natural, low-calorie (about 3 calories each), and healthy treat. Zuke’s is bringing back their mini trees in turkey and cranberry recipe just for us dog’s during the holidays! Zuke’s treats are always corn, soy and wheat free made in the U.S. Buying information: All major retail pet stores and online.
7. Treatibles® Turkey Grain-Free Chews: Hemp formula treats from Treatibles, an industry leader in hemp-derived phytocannabinoid rich chews, oils, and gel caps for pets. Treats are available in small or large. Buying information:
Gift Ideas for Your Dog — Toys
Earlier this year I had the pleasure to try out some great toys from Worldwise, the toughest of their tough toys: goDog Sugar Skullz and TrustyPup Rope Buddies. Check out my review to learn more about these fun, but tough, toys.
For the small to medium-sized dog I’m giving away a Sugar Skullz chew toy and a Sugar Skullz rope toy exactly as pictured above.
For the large dog I’m giving away two large Sugar Skullz chew toys and one large TrustyPup Robe Buddies exactly as pictured above.
Enter to Win a Dog Prize
Enter to Win a Dog Toy Prize
Gift Ideas for Your Cat
With a cat in our household we love to find new cat products too, the only problem is they go to waste on our cat Rhette, as he’s at least 10 years old, overweight and extremely lazy. But, recently we put some Petlinks® toys from Worldwise to the test and found a few he actually enjoyed. Here’s some great new toys from Worldwise’s SmartyKat® line of toys that we think any cat in your household would love to have!
1. SmartyKat Claw Tower™: This super-sized 2-in-1 scratch post lets your cat stretch and scratch while playing with three bonus catnip toys. The top section is made of high quality, durable looped carpet, the bottom section is wrapped with long lasting premium sisal, all on a stable, tip-resistant base. Sadly, Rhette’s previous mom declawed him so we can’t use it but want some other cat to enjoy it! Buying information (Amazon affiliate link):
2. SmartyKat Happy Hammock™: Cats will love this hammock hideaway in a space saving design that easily adjusts to fit under chairs. This hammock helps cats feel safe and secure while allowing them to hide or watch what’s going on around them. Buying information (Amazon affiliate link):
3. SmartyKat Hot Pursuit™: The Hot Pursuit is similar to the Petlinks Mystery Motion™ that Rhette enjoyed so much in his review. So we know that your cat will love this with it’s teasing tail and blinking lights that make the cat think it’s hidden prey. The exercise your cat benefits from this toy keeps it mentally alert, physically fit and a healthy weight. Buying Information (Amazon affiliate link)):
4. Sherpa® Comfort Ride™ Pet Carrier and Comfort Strap™: Features of the Sherpa carrier include: wide oval base for superior pet comfort; easy load front panel opening; zip-off base with ventilated mesh liner; airline approved and part of the Guaranteed On-Board® program. Prize is a medium carrier for cats (and dogs) 16 lbs. or less. The comfort strap is an extra-wide strap for easier carrying, evenly distributes weight over entire shoulder, stretchy material for a comfortable fit and works with most soft-sided carriers. Buying information: At most major pet retailers and online.
Enter to Win a Cat Prize
We hope you enjoyed our howliday gift guide and good luck! If you visit any affiliate links and make any purchases I’ll receive a small commission so thank you in advance. Happy holidays from our pack to yours!